FBFP2019 OFFICIAL KSU LaDO! BASS SERIES RULES
Clear-cut, straightforward rules make for good clean fishing with no room for disgruntlements at weigh-in. Just go out and have fun, be ethical and friendly. BUT KNOW THE RULES, AS THEY WILL BE ADHERED TO !!!!!!!!!!!
1. Participation is open to any licensed angler in the State of Ohio who is 18 years of age or older and has agreed to waiver liability to all agencies and parties by signing a release and indemnification agreement. You must be accompanied or approved by a parent/guardian if under age. An $85 per event fee and one time $40 per member annual organizational fee for any "qualifying" event must have been paid prior to participation. Member fees will not be returned for any reasons once paid. Any qualifier is open to new teams prior to capped field being met “OPENS” require NO membership fees.
2. Only artificial baits with the exception of pork trailers are permitted for use. Trolling and drifting is permitted.
3. All fishing must be done from a boat. All boats must meet local, state and federal laws and regulations. Coast guard approved vests/preservers are to be on board and ready for use. Any participant/team cited during tournament hours for any violations will be DISQUALIFIED. Ohio Administrative Code CHANGE to all Akron City Reservoirs including LaDue as of 3/1/14: Gas outboards are PERMITTED on Mogadore & LaDue, no size restrictions on watercraft. Any EXTERNAL gas tanks to be removed.
KSU LaDO! participants are NEVER to engage, for any amount of time, for any reason, gas engines. The accepted "No Wake" standard of 6 MPH speed is expected from all participants. GPS should be utilized to appropriately maintain speeds.
4. A team may solidify a guaranteed 19’ season position by paying in full a two person ($80) membership at anytime prior to the CAPPED 50 team field being filled. An online roster of those registered can be found at dobass.com. All event PREPAYS must be postmarked 7 days prior to the event to avoid late fee and loss of team position in capped field. Teams paying for the event the day of the tournament will pay an additional $20 late fee (event total $105, CASH ONLY). Teams not PREPAID once the qualifying season begins, risks being removed from the capped field and the position opened to a new team for the remainder of the year.
5. A “team” consists of at least one, but no more than two people in a single boat. Alternates must become paid members and can be used at anytime after a team is formed, EXCEPT THE CHAMPIONSHIP. If a team divides after the first event, only one person may continue to acquire points for that team, the highest point standing AVAILABLE will be used to continue calculations. The other partner must start at zero points. WHEN FORMING A NEW TEAM MIDSEASON, A $40 “NEW TEAM” FEE MUST ACCOMPANY ENTRY PRIOR TO REGISTRATION.
6. All boats must be equipped with an aeration system whether a livewell or large cooler with spray bar aerator. Tournament officials will inspect all livewells at time of boat registration. The use of ice, chemical water treatments and frequent water changes is strongly encouraged. ABSOLUTELY NO STRINGED, CAGED, MANGLED OR DEAD FISH WILL BE ACCEPTED. Any dead fish brought to scales for weight will result in DISQUALIFICATION. A dead fish is determined by tournament officials only, based on any one of the following present at bump tank –1) glossed or dulled eyes 2) no gill movement. If the fish appears questionable, the contestant will be asked to take the fish to water. After a period of resuscitation, the fish must then be able to remain in an upright position, on it’s own, without sinking or floating to one side during an official’s count to ten. Bringing fish to scales in poor condition is frowned upon.
7. A “creel” will consist of a 5 fish limit of any largemouth, smallmouth, or spotted BASS that is 12” or longer. If more than 5 fish are provided to official for weight, the team is disqualified. Fish must be culled immediately after a limit has been met.
8. One courtesy measurement is permitted if asked for prior to placing fish in tub. There is a 1lb. penalty for each fish brought to scales under 12” outside of courtesy fish. All questionable fish will be measured on a precision rule, mouth closed, base of the tail moved up and down, and given every reasonable chance to measure. All fish brought to scales for weight will be handled only by event officials and immediately released alive.
9. Fishing is permitted anywhere within the LaDue Reservoir and connecting waters accessible by boat. Any areas marked or buoyed as “no boat” areas are considered off limits and further determined at morning announcements each event. The area known as Blackbrook creek is off limits. Participants may not leave their boats to land fish or for any reason during competition hours, other than urgent restroom breaks or medical emergencies.
10. Boats are never to be within "touching distance" during competition hours. The illegal practice of "hole sitting" by another competitor or non-competitors boat is prohibited as well. PLEASE exhibit sportsmanlike and courteous positioning when fishing similar water. Simple communication between boats can often resolve on the water issues. Positive communication is expected to have occurred prior to any formal written protest. The use of any profanity during angling communications is grounds for disqualification.
11. All participants must be registered with boats in water no later than 10 minutes prior to stated start time. Boats arriving after the initial takeoff may not participate in event. There is an official “off limits” of event waters for the 8 hours preceding the start time. Any event is subject to delays, cancellations and rescheduling.
12. All boats are to be docked on land or trailer and participants must remain within the boathouse ramp area upon the stated closing time of the event until the teams' fish are weighed. A "chip of life" with your designated team number will be provided to each team during morning registration. The chip of life is to be placed by a team member in the designated location before the closing time of the event. No further fishing is permitted once the chip is surrendered. Lost, forgotten or untimely placed chips will result in DQ.
13.Only one casting or spinning rod may be in use for the purpose of catching fish, per individual. You may have as many rods available for use as deemed needed. All bass must be caught in a live sporting manner with rod and reel. The use of a landing net is permitted. During competition days, contestants may not place brush or other physical fish attractors, including "baitcloud"/chum of any kind, in tournament waters.
14. The use of alcohol or illicit substances during event hours and weigh-in is prohibited.
15.The communication use of cell phones or any electronic communication devices is PERMITTED AND ENCOURAGED
16. Please be made aware the event director/team will fish all the events indicated outside of payout as teams “a”-“b”-“c”-“d”. Another participant will verify their catch. The director will remove any authority to decide a protest involving himself/team and let a majority vote of remaining participants rule.
17. Precision digital tournament scales will be the "primary scales" used for determining weight. A "backup scale" will be calibrated with the primary scale. In the event of primary scale failure the backup scale will be used for remaining bags of fish.
18. All ties will be decided by a unanimous vote of tied teams to split winnings or otherwise by the flip of a coin. Participants must be present to accept checks or dismissed by director.
19. All protests must be made in writing within 10 minutes after “last call” for fish. Written protests will result in a binding decision being made. If the director is unable to resolve a dispute by substantiated evidence or admission by the accused, a polygraph will be required as instituted by the director. The results of that polygraph will be binding. Both the filing party and the accused must post deposit for the cost of testing. Refusal to post deposit by either party will result in a binding decision. Deposit will be returned to the party in which the polygraph found in favor of. A decision of the protest will be governed by event officials only, unless subject to rule #16. Any participant is subject to polygraph at any time by request of the director, with or without cause. All polygraphs are completed within 5 business days from time of request. The formal written protest as received and responded to, will be posted at dobass.com for public review.
20. Any team or person found to be cheating or unsportsmanlike by officials may be banned from further participation as well as disqualified from participating event. FBFP2019 reserves the right to refuse or accept any entry. A participant's use of: any other words, social media dialog, conduct or actions reflecting unfavorably upon FBFP2019's efforts to promote safety, sportsmanship, fair competition and compliance with tournament rules are subject to formal sanctioning, disbarment from future events and/or civil penalties as determined by law.
21. Any rules, interpretation of the rules, or rules not covered will be governed by event officials only and that decision will be binding.